Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013

Am i a brandwhore??

Hi, my mame is Anna-Carolina and i have an obsession with gorgeous, overly expenive designer handbags. Is it just me or does a handbag automatically get way more desirable once you see the price tag and see, that it is a) by a very great designer, b) worn by many celebrities, c) ridicilously overprized, and therfore d) 100% unavailable to me. Yes, i know it's kind of pathetic. The sad part is, that i would probably not look at it twice if it was a cheap knock-off. I care more about the idea, the Image, than the actual bag. It looks like i have become a -and i am sorry bu there is no other way to say it- Brandwhore. Which would not be such a bad thing if i was rich and able to afford any of the stuff i obsess over. But i am not, and i can't. I am not trying to make the readers of this post feel sorry for me at all because i know that technically, i have nothing to complain about. I am well aware that there are many people who have way, way less and struggle to survive. I know all of that. But being human, and i have to admit a rather materialistic person, i let myself be blinded by all things shiny and pretty.
But, let's return to handbags. Here is my top 5 list of bags (in no particular order) that i would probably kill for.

1) YSL "Roadie"
2) Stella McCartney "Fallabella"
3) Marc by Marc jacobs "Hillier Hobo Large"
4) Alexander Wang Rocko
5) Any bag by balenciaga that is black

Now, as I already mentioned, I am not able to purchase any of the above in my current situation of life. But, who knows what might happen? I just wonder if actually having the bag would make things boring. Like, would i take it for granted and find another even more expensive thing to dream about? Do we need dreams? Does actually achieving your dreams ruin your Imagination? Sort of? I don't know. I don't know if i'll ever find out... But just for now, all i have is my Imagination, cheap knock-offs and my blog, where i can write about things like this.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen