Sonntag, 22. September 2013

My dream (rant about me, myself and my future)

I have been thinking a lot about my future lately. Which makes perfect sense, since i am a senior in high school right now. Everyone around me is talking about going off to college and SATs and all that stuff. The thing with me is, that i never ever saw myself as a college student or anything like that.

In the last 4 years i have managed to figure out what i am intersted in. The first thing (pretty obvious, since i have a makeup and fashion blog and a beauty channel on youtube) is makeup. This is something i have loved ever since i was 12 years old. I guess it is just kind of magical to me how you can bring out a persons beauty by putting products on their face (if used properly) and how applying something as simple as mascara can make a person more confident. Which brings me to the second thing i am interested in: Psychology. How people work. How they tick. I have always been a rather introverted, shy person (even though most people in real life might disagree with me on that, since i have gotten pretty good at hiding it). I have also always been a huge observer. I love analizing people, and trying to find out why they do what they do, or how they think. Sometimes i even over-analize.

You know what i would really, really love to do? Give makeovers to young teenage girls. Teach them how to apply makeup that lets their natural beauty shine through. And yes i know how cheesy this sounds, but think about it: you see young girls daily, that pile on makeup to cover themselves up because they are not confident in their own body. Whenever i see a girl like that in public, all i want to do is hug her, tell her she is beautiful and show her how makeup can enhance her beauty, not make her look like a completely different person. But not just the makeup. I want to show young girls that no matter what anyone says (media e.g), they are amazing and beautiful and special even if they don't look like a victorias secet model. And what makes them different makes them special. That looking pretty is nice but that they are more than just a pretty face and body. And trust me, i have been there. I was that awkward, lanky 13 year old girl once that didn't like herself. And honestly, sometimes i still am. But aren't we all?

Now, i know what my dream is but i have NO idea how to get there. That has always been my biggest problem, i am a total dreamer but not a very practical person. I know i really need to figure out what i'll do next year but i am scared. Scared of how hard it might be. Scared that it won't work out anyway. Scared because i don't know whre to begin.

What about you? Do you have any dreams? What are they? Tell me in the comments!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Yeah! keep on blogging ... I think you are doing a good job. And I think you'll find your way! ;)

    AntwortenLöschen